09 Jan 2023
Responding immediately to the needs of the people of Lebanon following the tragic explosion last Tuesday, 3rd of August 2020, Cypriot petroleum company Petrolina is actively supporting the campaign by the Office of the Commissioner for Volunteerism and Non-Governmental Organisation, mr. Yiannis Giannakis, to collect food so it can be donated to the thousands of people who have been left homeless.
More specifically, as of Friday 7 August 2020, members of the public can donate dry food products, such as cans (of all types), cereals, crackers and rusks, all-purpose flour and baby milk powder, at six Petrolina petrol stations, which are open from 06:00 – 18:00. The Petrolina petrol stations are:
- Nicosia: 1 Nikis Avenue, telephone 22347010
- Limassol: 65 Franklin Roosevelt Avenue, tel. 25563343
- Larnaca: 1 Kilkis Street, tel. 24848034
- Protaras: 227 Protaras – Cape Greco Avenue, tel. 23831601
- Paralimni: 42 Grivas Digenis Avenue, tel. 23730635
- Paphos: 105 Evagoras Pallikarides Avenue, tel. 26932185
It is noted that the Office of the Commissioner for Volunteerism and Non-Governmental Organisations has set up a Pancyprian Emergency Assistance Management Centre at the State Fair, which is coordinating the whole effort to collect dry food and send it to Lebanon. The campaign is being carried out in cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Red Cross, while in constant communication with the Government of Lebanon.