Our company's vision is to continue to maintain a presence wherever Cypriots operate and create, offering excellent quality products and services at competitive prices, with respect towards the consumer and the environment. This vision stems from our company's values: commitment and dedication to the consumer, respect for the individual, teamwork and integrity in all our transactions.
With six decades of experience, embracing specialized technical expertise and experienced human resources, Petrolina reliably supports the needs of retail and corporate customers covering the entire spectrum of the Cypriot economy, providing high-quality competitive products and services.
Petrolina (Holdings) Public Ltd (C 1018), a public company listed on the Cyprus Stock Exchange (CSE) since 2000, having grown organically and through acquisitions, has one of the largest networks of service stations in Cyprus under the brand names Petrolina, Eni and Agip. Also, through the subsidiary company SILK OIL S.A., it has points of sale for liquid fuel in Greece. In addition, it owns liquid fuel depots at Vasiliko in Cyprus as well as at Samos and Chania, while it operates through its associated companies in the jet fuel into-plane sector at Larnaca and Paphos airports in Cyprus as well as at the Greek airports of Athens, Thessaloniki, Heraklion and Zakynthos.
Exercising corporate vision and consistent strategies, Petrolina contributes to innovation by investing in the latest environmentally responsible infrastructures, meeting the highest international standards. The name Petrolina is synonymous with guaranteed quality and stability, assured development and progress.
By prioritizing the principles of Sustainable Development as a strategic target, Petrolina’s operations display absolute respect towards the coexistence of economic development, environmental protection and social cohesion. The implementation of Sustainable Development strategies, the protection of the environment and the restriction of climate change represent important challenges for Petrolina to which it is fully committed, adopting policies that ensure the company’s financial resilience, business continuity and sustainable development.
Inextricably linked to the community as a whole, Petrolina implements a coherent corporate social responsibility program and contribution policy covering a broad range of activities, thus responding in practice to the respective needs of the Cypriot society.
The roots of Petrolina extend as far back as 1946 when the five Lefkaritis brothers, Nikos, Takis, Kallis, Kikis and Nakis founded the Lefkaritis Bros General Partnership. Its initial activity was in the field of land transportation and the running of the Lefkaritis Motors cooperative, importing and trading in vehicles and accessories.
These two activities merged in 1968, forming the first company of the Lefkaritis Group under the name Lefkaritis Bros Ltd, creating the largest land transportation organization in Cyprus. Its trademark green buses served the Cypriot citizen island-wide.
In 1959, Lefkaritis Bros Ltd founded Petrolina Ltd, the first Cypriot company to import, distribute and trade in petroleum products.
In 1960 the official inauguration of the company took place. Petrolina was to become one of the leading firms in the country, making an indelible mark on the economic growth and prosperity of Cyprus.
- Establishment of Petrolina Ltd.
- Construction of storage tanks and petroleum product facilities in Larnaka.
- Trading of petroleum products through the development of a small network of service stations.
- Expansion into the liquefied petroleum gas trade with the construction of dedicated depot facilities.
- Organic growth of the network of service stations.
- Construction of additional fuel storage tanks.
- Exclusive agreement for the import of lubricants with Agip Petroli S.p.A.
- Acquisition of Fina (Cyprus) Ltd and renaming to Lina Ltd.
- Expansion of service station network.
- Acquisition of Shell Cyprus Ltd and renaming of its service station brand to "Agip".
- Renaming of Lina Ltd to Petrolina (Holdings) Ltd and acquisition of all operating activities of Petrolina Ltd in the field of petroleum products, liquefied gas and lubricants.
- Listing of shares of Petrolina (Holdings) Ltd on the Cyprus Stock Exchange and renaming to Petrolina (Holdings) Public Ltd.
- Operating in the fuel-supply of aircraft at the two airports in Cyprus with the establishment of the associated company PPT Aviation Services Ltd.
- First presence in the Vassiliko area with the acquisition of Total Aviation (Cyprus) Ltd and renaming to Petrolina Aviation Ltd.
- Transfer of aviation fuel storage (JetA-1) to Vassiliko.
- Transfer of heavy and light fuel oil products (HFO & LFO) to Vassiliko.
- "Corporate Social Responsibility" award at the IN Business Awards.
- Acquisition of land and terminal consisting of seven storage tanks in Vassiliko, and subsequent expansion with the construction of additional tanks.
- National Champion in Cyprus, in the Environmental and Corporate Sustainability category, at the European Business Awards.
- Commencement of operation in the provision of fuel-supply services to aircraft in Greece via the associate company Hellenic Aviation Fuel Company Ltd marketed under the HAFCO brand-name.
- Renewal of cooperation with the Italian Eni S.p.A and renaming of the service station brand from Agip to Eni.
- Establishment of Lca Aviation Fueling System Ltd for the construction and operation of a jet fuel storage and throughput depot at Larnaka airport.
- "Best Workplace / Favoured Employer" award at the IN Business Awards.
- Joint venture agreement and establishment of the company VLPG Plant Ltd for the construction and operation of a liquefied gas installation in Vassiliko.
- Operation of the first fully-licensed service station offering liquid petroleum gas (autogas) in Cyprus.
- Demolition of the largest liquid-fuel storage tank in Cyprus.
- Completion of construction of new storage tanks and truck loading system at Vassiliko.
- State-of-the-art facilities in Vassiliko, fully operational with complete automation from January 1st 2020, including 18 storage tanks with a total capacity of 113,000 cubic metres for all types of liquid fuels.
- Introduction of new, premium-quality automotive fuels, Petrolina EnergyMax, containing a high technology additive.
- Acquisition of SILK OIL Ltd, operating in the storage, throughput and marketing of petroleum products in Greece.
- Silver Award in the Covid-19 Responsible Business Plan at the Cyprus Responsible Business Awards 2020.
- Dinos Lefkaritis awarded the Manager Award in memory of Antis Hadjicostis at the IN Business Awards 2020.
- Establishment of Petrolina Bayfront Ltd, operating in the real estate industry. Agreement reached with ExxonMobil Cyprus Ltd for the purchase of three plots on the northern coastline of Larnaka.
- Demolition of fuel storage tanks on the Larnaka-Dhekelia road.
Petrolina (Holdings) Public Ltd Group comprises the following subsidiary and associate companies:
An associate company since its establishment in September 2000, with a 33% participation in voting rights, operating in the field of aircraft refueling at Larnaka and Paphos airports.
Trading under the brand- name HAFCO: A fully-owned subsidiary company from August 2013 to June 2014, and since then an associate company with a 33% participation in voting rights, operating in the storage and throughput of jet fuel at Greek airports.
Α subsidiary company since November 2003 with 100% participation in voting rights. The company’s initial field of activity was in the refueling of aircrafts at Larnaka airport. Today the company is dormant, as its commercial activities have been transferred to the associate company PPT Aviation Services Ltd.