PETROLINA (HOLDINGS) PUBLIC LTD (“Petrolina”) is committed to protect the privacy of individuals with respect to personal information provided to Petrolina for any reason through Petrolina’s website (“Site”). These terms and conditions (“Privacy Terms and Conditions”) are designed to assist you in understanding our approach regarding the collection, use, retention, transfer and access of your personal data.
1. All personal information you provide to Petrolina through the Site is secured and access is strictly restricted only to authorised Petrolina personnel.
2. Petrolina follows a specific procedure in order to protect your privacy and will update this procedure continuously as new threats emerge and new technologies become available. Petrolina, however, cannot guarantee the security of your data, as the internet is inherently insecure. If Petrolina requires login credentials for access to the Site, you are responsible for keeping them (username and password) confidential. Petrolina will never ask you for your password, except when you log in to the website.
5. Petrolina’s servers or servers hosted by a third party may automatically log data regarding your visit based on your IP address. This information cannot identify you individually and identifies only the machine used to access the Site and is used only for usage monitoring.
6. During your visit to the Site, Petrolina will record information only as described in the above paragraph and will not collect any personal identifiable information from you, unless otherwise stated. This personal identifiable information may, inter alia, comprise of the name, age, gender, ID number, home or business address, email address, telephone and fax number, occupation etc. Refusal to give the requested information may result in denial of access to the Site or certain parts of the Site, or even may render Petrolina incapable to handle any application or request made by you, or may otherwise defeat the objectives of your visit.
7. By accessing the Site and providing the requested personal information voluntarily, you agree to the collection and use of this information pursuant to this Privacy Terms and Conditions. Petrolina may collect and use your personal information to provide you with products or services, to bill you for products and services that you have requested, to give you more information about the products and services of Petrolina or even to communicate with you for other purposes. Petrolina does not distribute or sell personal information to third parties for the purpose of allowing them to market their products and services to you. The personal information provided by you, may be used for several purposes, to the discretion of Petrolina, including in order to administer the website, improve your browsing experience by personalizing the website, providing Petrolina’s services and processing your enquires and feedback, marketing of goods and services by Petrolina, its agents or subsidiaries, processing of any benefits arising out of, or in connection with Petrolina’s services, operation and service surveys, providing contacts and business details in response to enquiries and complaints, general (non-marketing) commercial communications, newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business.
8. You can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications.
10. Petrolina does not request any sensitive information from the visitors of the Site, unless legally required to do so. Types of data that may be classified as sensitive information are for example race, ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, physical or mental health records and other. However, in case you provide such information, Petrolina accepts your consent to use this information in the way set out in these Privacy Terms and Conditions.
11. You can notify Petrolina, that the personal information previously submitted to the Site, is no longer accurate and therefore to request its removal or modification. In such a case, Petrolina will make a reasonable effort to accommodate your request.
12. Your visit to the Site and any dispute in relation to privacy is subject to these Privacy Terms and Conditions and the Site Terms and Conditions, including any limitations on damages, exclusion of liability and application of law provisions.
13. Cookies (if any), are short text files downloaded automatically to your computer when visiting a website. Cookies are used to record information regarding your visit, for instance, what page you have visited, or what browser you use or which buttons you clicked and used as future reference by your browser in order to provide a personalized browsing experience. Cookies are stored on your own hardware and do not collect any kind of personal identifiable information. For more information about the types of cookies, or how to disable, or delete them, please use your browser documentation.
14. Petrolina may at any time without notice and in its sole discretion, amend these Privacy Terms and Conditions. Any changes made, will be posted on the Site. The revision date at the top of the Privacy Statement will be updated as well. Please review these Privacy Terms and Conditions regularly for any update. Your continued use of this Site, after any such amendments, signifies your acceptance thereof.
15. Our Site may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that Petrolina does not own, maintain or control those links. Therefore, Petrolina cannot be held liable for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting such sites, which are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and read the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
16. You understand and agree that map data, traffic, directions, routes, points of interest and all related content are provided solely for planning purposes. You may find that weather conditions, construction projects, closures, road blocks or any other event may cause road conditions or directions or routes to differ substantially from the map displayed on the website. You should exercise you own judgment in your use of the map content. The Company does not accept liability of any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other losses, or damages of whatsoever kind arising out of use of the map content, directions routes, points of interest or any other related information.
17. For more information or questions regarding the above Privacy Terms and Conditions, you may contact the Site administrator at ITDepartment@petrolina.com.cy.